Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Manners and the lack thereof

A thought inspired by a conversation had recently with a clerk at Trader Joe's with whom I'm friendly:

Seriously, can somebody please explain to me what the fucking fascination is with touching the bellies of pregnant women? You people wouldn't want a stranger walking up and slapping you on the ass. Yet otherwise rational, polite people will think nothing of walking up to expectant mothers and giving their swollen stomachs a rub. Is that your stomach? Your baby? If it isn't, don't fucking touch it. You're making the woman very uncomfortable and making yourself look like a thoughtless jackass.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Paul C. said...

People just can't wait to hold the baby anymore...

Personally, I respect my own personal space to intrude on others'. It doesn't exactly do wonders for my social life, but I don't go around pawing at pregnant bellies either.

Semi-related thought: if I never see or hear the phrase "baby bump" again, I'll be a happy man. What, are you people 10 years old? Or are you just getting tripped up on the "gn" in "pregnant?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home