Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Ups and downs



Replace "car" with "guy" and you'll have what I did over the Labor Day Weekend. Five hours up, four hours down. Pretty good for someone who hadn't hiked anywhere in about ten years.



This is an old picture of my cat Patches. I got home from New Hampshire to find a message on my cell phone from my mother saying that she (the cat, not Mom) had gone into renal failure. She died on Tuesday at the age of 11.

5 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger jahs34 said...

Oh man, i'm so sorry.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Steve C. said...

Thanks, dude.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't been to this part of your blog in awhile. Very sorry to hear about Patches. I know how much you loved your kitty. I will cry like a baby when my 16 year-old warrior cat passes. Bleh. Why can't pets live forever... Hope you're doing OK.

-R

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Steve C. said...

I actually took it quite a bit better than I expected. I always said I'd be a wreck when Patches died... instead, I was the pragmatic guy comforting the unexpected wreck that was my mom. Could be because the cat wasn't really mine anymore (had to leave her with Mom when I moved in with Colleen, as she's allergic). Or it could have been the vet bill bringing me down to earth, I don't know. For damn near $1200, I think I deserve to get a live cat back, no? I'm not bitter, really.

My mother has already gone out and bought (as Carlin would put it) another little tragedy in the making. It's so fucking cute. I'll have to put up a picture.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger jahs34 said...

Patches did die early, aren't cats supposed to live over 20 years?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home