Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Music time!

A couple of you were wondering, whence the title change? I wish there was a profound reason for it, but there isn't. It doesn't really mean much of anything except that I like it. And, like most of my creative endeavors, it was inspired by a song.

The song in this case is "Giant Swan" by The Blood Brothers, the final track on their album Young Machetes (my favorite album of 2006). It's pretty awesome stuff -- the buildup on it is great, with the subsequent aggression hiding a weary sense of resignment and the sneaking suspicion that nothing is going to be okay. I'm a bit obsessed with it right now; thus, the changeover.

But don't take my word for it -- check it out for yourself. No, seriously -- take a listen. (Fair warning: If you're averse to noise and screaming, you may want to pass this one by.)

Final note: I'm just perverse enough to recognize that trying to nail this at a karaoke bar would, for me at least, be tons of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home