Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Simple pleasures... sort of

Last night, I got to experience something rare and wonderful: I heartily enjoyed a Westvleteren 12. I know my possession of it wasn't exactly kosher, being that I didn't buy it from the abbey (though looking at the prices, I wish I had)... but goddamn. When a beer is that damn good, I'm willing to bend a few rules. I now have a damn good reason to make a pilgrimage to Belgium.

The timing was great, too -- it'd been a shit day at work, so what better to help me unwind and improve my mood than drinking The Best Beer in the World while watching Bresson's A Man Escaped? After that, I watched Lessons of Darkness while quaffing a St. Bernardus 12, which is pretty similar to the Westvleteren except you can actually buy it in this country -- it's a slight step below, but it's a perfectly viable substitute. Then I watched Bruce Conner's Report. Again. It was a real highbrow evening, apparently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home