Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Monday, October 23, 2006

The joy of irony

I saw a personalized license plate on the highway the other day that amused me. Apparently, the driver of the vehicle, a woman, wanted her opinion on the relative intelligence of men and women to be known to all. And she'd decided to use her plate as a forum for this. What amused me was the combination of letters she came up with. Here's the plate:

WMNRSMTR

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "I am so smart! S-M-A-T!"

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Paul C. said...

The vanity plates I hate are the Captain Obvious ones that have the make and/or model right there on the plate. As though we can't tilt our heads up and see the brand logo ourselves. Hey buddy, how long did it take you to come up with the plate "LND RVR" for your Land Rover, hm? 45 minutes? 60?

Also, the smug holy-roller ones annoy me. I somehow doubt the DMV would allow me to have a vanity plate relating to Satan or even atheism ("DY ALONE"), but it's hunky goddamn dory for any thumper with a few extra bucks to spend to get "LUV G SUS" or "DYD 4 US". Or any random Bible verse, for that matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home