Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A few pop-culture one-liners

- To all of you complaining about the abrupt last scene in the Sopranos finale: Y'all are stupid.

- To all of you surprised by the low draw for Hostel II: Y'all are stupid. The first one was a hit almost solely because it was released on a light week in January; sending the sequel out in the thick of summer was tantamount to burying it. Did Lion's Gate learn nothing from The Devil's Rejects?

- I found out the other day that the driving, slightly funky song I'd heard and enjoyed several times on the local pop radio station is "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" by Fall Out Boy. I'm surprised and a little ashamed, honestly.

- Now that Paris Hilton has found God, can we stop paying attention to her every move just in case we catch her being rude, mean, stupid or generally unpleasant?

4 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger girish said...

Hey Steve, how's it lookin' for TIFF?
The site should be up and the passes should go on sale in less than a month...

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Chris Devlin said...

Look forward to reading your take on Hostel II. I've been seeing a lot of people going off on Roth for dehumanizing Heather Matarazzo in the Bathory scene. It'd be nice to hear Matarazzo's take on it too.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Steve C. said...

girish: Oh, I'm so there. I'm getting my pass the moment they go up for sale, man. This is gonna rule.

socialretard: I think the real problem with the Mattarazzo scene isn't that it's dehumanizing but that it's out of place. It's a gruesome interlude that doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the film. Maybe that's why it's pissing off so many people. Never thought I'd see Ms. Mattarazzo in a scene of that nature, at any rate.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Paul C. said...

I thought the lessons that THE DEVIL'S REJECTS taught us was that people will only see R-rated movies if they suck. I guess not though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home