Hideous Penguin Boy vs. Really Big Head

Because more than anything, we need real change.

Monday, November 06, 2006

The downside of NYC cinephilia

There's just too much to take in. Seriously.

I've realized this many a time before, but it's only become more prevalent with my increasing interest in repertory screenings. The latest scheduling headache, of course, stems from my obsession with catching Rivette's elusive Out 1. Turns out I'll be able to make the Museum of the Moving Image's two-day, one-shot screening after all. Too bad that doing so, I realized last night, means that I'll have to skip the Anthology Film Archives' screenings of Brakhage's Text of Light and Tony Conrad's The Flicker. (Not to mention Bruce Conner's Report and A Movie, both of which I've already seen but would love to catch on the big screen.) Poop. At least I can console myself by reasoning that the films screening at the Anthology are part of the Essential Cinema series, so they'll likely roll around again, while Out 1 may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

But there's no damn way I'm gonna miss Crispin Hellion Glover's What Is It? on the 17th.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kza said...

Step 1: Go to Out 1.

Step 2: Bring video camera.

Step 3: Profit!!!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Steve C. said...

LOL! But where do underpants factor into this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home